Lead our tech team
Lisbon or Remote
What is Tyles?
Tyles is a new way to collect your thoughts and experience the internet. Using Tyles will feel as if you had a second brain helping you to build knowledge at least twice as fast and ten times as easy. We’re brand new and just received €1.4M in funding from top VCs and Angels.
What is the role about?
We are looking for a web developer leading our engineering team (5-6 engineers). If you’re a hands-on, energetic tech leader who loves to build products from scratch and gets excited by tools for thought, productivity software and building the future of the internet, this role might in fact be just for you.
Some of your tasks
- Collaborate closely with our CPO and directly impact product roadmap
- Create the technical roadmap and develop the technical vision
- Ensure execution and deliver quality releases on that schedule
- Set the engineering culture
- Hire engineers to grow the team
- Hands-on coding
What you bring
- You have 7+ years of hands-on web development experience and 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- You are fluent in our stack. Frontend: React and Electron. Backend: Node.js, Express, Docker, PostgreSQL, and Prisma
- You have led engineering teams in the past and know how to take a project from conception to live stage self-reliantly
- You easily handle the unstructured environment of fast-moving startups, and you know how to prioritize, so we can move fast while keeping scalability in mind
- You inspire others and are comfortable driving the technical vision for a nascent project
- You are genuinely excited to build something new that people want
- You have successfully hired great engineers and put together a high-performing engineering team
- You are excited by all things tools for thought, productivity software, knowledge management, computing ideas,…
- You have experience in native desktop app development
- You have previous experience building and deploying on AWS
- You have previous experience at high-growth, fast-paced startups
What we offer
- A competitive compensation structure including equity
- Education stipend
- Home office stipend
- Health, wellness and food stipend
- The chance to join a progressive culture from the getgo
- The challenge to shape a new product and a new team with a lot of freedom
- Very flexible working conditions
- Regular team events in different international locations
How to apply?
If we have sparked your interest, email us to email@example.com.
- A short introduction describing who you are and what you’re looking for. Why do you want to work with Tyles?
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!